Our phlebotomy course teaches students hands-on about the importance of venipuncture in the medical field, as well as what will be expected for the phlebomotist to know onced hired. Phlebotomist can work in a hospital, labs, and private practice doctor's offices. This is an excellent course for those who want to move up in the medical field or who want to gain more experience for school!
Benefits of Becoming a Phlebotomist:
- Gain experience with venipuncture becore beginning nursing, physical assistant, and medical school.
- Learn how to collect specimen samples, the test performed, what can alter test given, and how to prepare the patient and the samples for testing.
- Understand the role of the phlebotomist in the healthcare field.
- Earn certifications to help you stand out when applying for employement or higher education.
- Work in your field of interest while persuing higher education.
- Future employers may offer tuition reimbursement toward additional training/ higher education for the medical field.
Information About the Course:
- Meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8;30 a.m- 4:00 p.m for 5 weeks.
- Pre-requisites including having a High School Diploma/ GED and a current or in-progress CNA cerfitication.
- Course may be taken alone or as part of the Patient Care Technician (PCT) program.
- Professional, medical- driven resume and job placement offered.
- Knowledgeable instructors with +45 years of combined experience.
- Finish with +100 successful blood, 10 of those sticks including hand sticks.
- +25 non-blood specimen testing and analyzing.
- Will be regularly tested on knowledge learned in class and will recieve additional help if needed
National Certification Exam taken at our training center in one of our quiet, spacious classrooms
- $1, 495 tuition- includes textbook and workbook, National Test fee, and online study material for the National Exam
- $100 due with application
- Payment plan available
- Financial Aid available for those who qualify. WIA is a federally funded training program that may provide payment assistance if you qualify. General qualifications include people who have been laid off from employment and/or are receiving unemployment. There are a few other sources for financial assistance. See FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE link for information.